British rider Jonny Walker will be reinstated into the results of round seven of the FIM Hard Enduro World Championship, the 24MX Hixpania Hard Enduro. The Vision Track Beta rider is therefore allocated fifth overall in the race.
During round seven of the series in Spain, Walker was excluded from the results of The Lost Way race due to a course violation. However, Walker later received incorrect information from the FIM Jury Secretary regarding his right to appeal the decision.
Walker’s exclusion from the final standings of round seven is therefore rescinded with immediate effect.
Winfried Kerschhaggl, FIM Hard Enduro World Championship Series Manager: “While there is no doubt that that the decision of the Clerk of the Course to disqualify Jonny was correct, based on the fact that he left the track to return to the paddock and repair his motorcycle, which was not permitted, the decision has to be reversed due to a procedural error. Simply, Jonny was given the wrong information by the FIM Jury Secretary regarding what he needed to do about protesting against his disqualification. Therefore, his fifth place result is reinstated.”
2021 FIM Hard Enduro Championship Standings (Revised)
- Billy Bolt (Husqvarna) 87pts
- Manuel Lettenbichler (KTM) 84pts
- Wade Young (Sherco) 70pts
- Mario Roman (Sherco) 61pts
- Jonny Walker (Beta) 55pts
- Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna) 53pts
- Michael Walkner (GASGAS) 37pts
- Teodor Kabakchiev (Husqvarna) 28pts
- Taddy Blazusiak (GASGAS) 26pts
- Dominik Olszowy (Husqvarna) 23pts